This well-known park was built in 1933 with a contemporary style and known as Paseo de las Palmeras.
The initiative stemmed from the then Mayor, Cristóbal Marín Ruíz Castellanos, to alleviate the town’s unemployment, where the allegorical Monument to the Battle of Bailén was built, flanked by 77 palm trees. The work was designed by architects Vicente Sánchez Andújar and Antonio Riva at the end of the eighties.
Two symmetrical tetrahedrons are intersected by an oblique rectangular prism, with a tiled mural which contains “La Rendición de Bailén” (The Surrender of Bailén) from the famous painting by José Casado del Alisal on one side, and the other side features two of our town’s traditional economic sectors: pottery and olive-growing. This area is where we hold the annual celebrations of our Festival with civil-military activities, alluding to the Battle of Bailén.